What if we told you that beautifying your skin, promoting vitality in your body, increasing energy and eliminating toxins could all be achieved through one simple act?
The average male adult is recommended to drink 3.7 litres (15 cups) and the average female 2.7 litres (11 cups). Majority of the population do not get so far as halfway.
Consider this – approximately 60% of the human body is water. This is why its importance cannot be overstated. Keeping hydrated not only quenches thirst, but allows for optimal energy and vitality, clearing the body and the mind.
Hydration is crucial to our health. And yet, the statistics for dehydration across all ages is staggering. Why are we not drinking enough water, when the benefits are so clear?
Studies have shown that our mood and body functionality is hindered even with a water content drop of 1%. We too often disregard or merely forget its value.
So, now is the time to remember. Below you will find 7 TIPS on incorporating water into your daily routine. Try it for one week, and see how you feel. We are certain the results will surprise you.
- Drink one glass of water when you wake up – it has been proven to flush the digestive system and rehydrate the body.
- Get creative when incorporating water into your day – cups of herbal tea, iced tea, soup, smoothies etc.
- Keep a water bottle beside you as you work, and set milestones – ‘when I complete this report that bottle will be empty’. Not only will this increase your awareness of water throughout the day, but it will benefit the output and quality of your work.
- During meals, limit your water intake. Digestion is weakened if you drink too much water while eating.
- Add lemon, lime or grapefruit – it aids digestion and offers a tangy twist.
- If you find it difficult to chug glass after glass, don’t be discouraged – the body absorbs water better when you sip it throughout the day.
- Be aware of urine colour – it should be relatively clear if you are adequately hydrated.