Diet & Fitness Weight Loss

5 Reasons The Scale Isn’t Budging and What To Do About It

Monica Munday / 0 View / 2 years ago
diet, weight loss scale

Losing weight is a serious battle. And there is nothing worse than cleaning up your diet and hitting the gym everyday only to see the scale isn’t moving as fast as you would like it to.

To say that’s frustrating is an understatement.

There is however good news. Just because the scale isn’t budging right now doesn’t mean all hope is lost.

Let’s take a look at a few common reasons your results have stalled and what you can do about it.

Your Food Measurements Aren’t Accurate

The most common reason people stop losing weight is because they are consuming more food than they realize. This is usually a result of not accurately measuring your food.

If you are serious about getting to your desired weight you must start accurately measuring your food. No more estimating or eyeballing how much you think you are eating.

If you haven’t done so already, now is the time to invest in a food scale.

You can find one for less than $25 and it will last for several years.

You’re Not Making The Proper Adjustments To Your Program

Sometimes you may not be seeing results because you haven’t made any adjustments to your program.

Anytime you start a new program the results will come fairly easy. However, over time your results will start to slow down.

The problem is most people continue doing the same thing and hoping the results will keep coming.

As you probably know by now, it doesn’t work that way.

As you become leaner you will need to make adjustments to ensure your body doesn’t go into starvation mode and hold on to everything you eat.

And as crazy as it may sound, increasing your carb intake is one of the best ways to prevent your body from going into starvation mode.

You Fall Off The Wagon Every Weekend

Some people see the weekend as an opportunity to reward themselves for sticking to their diets all week.

If you are taking this approach it’s no wonder the scale has stopping going down.

While it’s okay to have one cheat day a week. If you go all out every weekend you will never get the body you desire.

Try to stick with your diet 90% of the time. The other 10% of the time you are free to eat however and whatever you want.

By following the 90/10 rule you will still be able to enjoy the foods you love without sacrificing your results.

You Don’t Lift Weights

This particular tip is geared towards women. Most women go to the gym and spend all their time burning as many calories as they can on the treadmill.

And while cardio is a very important part of a fitness plan, it is weight lifting that will produce the biggest changes to your body.

Not only will lifting weights help you burn more calories throughout the day, but it also help you get the shapely look that all women want.

Starting today spend 70% of your time lifting weights and 30% of your time doing cardio.

Cardio should be looked at as the icing on the cake. Strength training on the other hand should be your main priority.

For best results you should train using supersets. Supersetting is when you do 2 or more exercises back to back with no rest in between.

Working out this way will not only help you build muscle but it will also improve your overall cardiovascular health.

Staying On a Diet For Too Long

Yes there is a such thing as dieting for too long.

Anytime you go on a prolonged diet your body will constantly be in starvation mode and your metabolism will slow down quite a bit as a result.

Anytime your metabolism slows down it affects your ability to lose weight.

Yes you will be eating fewer calories on a daily basis, but you will also be burning fewer calories which means you won’t be seeing any changes to your body.

If you feel as though you have been dieting for too long, now is the time to take a break. For the next 4 weeks don’t worry about how many calories you are eating or how many calories you are burning.

Just take a break from it all. While you still want to eat a relatively clean diet, you don’t want to be anal about it.

Go ahead and indulge in your favorite foods without feeling guilty.

You will be taking one step back to propel you further along in your weight loss journey.

So don’t be afraid to take a little break. It will more than pay off in the long run.

And there you have it. The 5 reasons the scale has stopping moving. Fix these issues and you will be back on track to getting the body of your dreams.

Related Articles