Diet & Fitness Weight Loss

Nutrition 101 – 5 Failproof Tips That Will Make Your Transformation Successful

Monica Munday / 0 View / 12 months ago
nutrition for weight loss, how to eat to lose weight

Working out alone is not enough to help you transform your body.

Regardless of your goal, be it to lose weight or build muscle, everything starts in the kitchen.

If you don’t understand nutrition you will never reach your goals no matter how hard you train.

With that being said, we have gathered a few simple tips that when implemented will help you burn more fat and build your dream physique.

Don’t Be Overly Restrictive

The number one reason most diets fail is because they are too restrictive.

Yes, you will need to make better food choices if your goal is to lose body fat. However, that doesn’t mean you need to eliminate every single food you love to eat.

Technically speaking no food is off limits. The goal however is to eat as healthy as possible, as much as possible.

If you are too restrictive with your diet and eat the same few foods over and over again you will run yourself crazy.

You will also be more likely to quit.

Its all about balance. As long as you are eating healthy 80 percent of the time, you can splurge on whatever foods you want the other 20 percent of the time.

Don’t Avoid Fat

All too many people set out to lose weight by completely eliminating dietary fats from their diet. This is because they are of the belief that fat makes you fat.

That however is completely false. Fat does not make you fat.

Fat is actually a very important part of a healthy diet. By eating healthy fats your body will in turn burn even more fat.

One study on this topic showed that supplementing with fish oil for just six weeks has the potential to increase lean muscle mass and decrease fat mass.

Healthy fats have also been shown to help control stress by reducing the amount of cortisol in the body.

Some of the best sources of healthy fats include nuts, berries, whole eggs, avocados, olive oil, fish, and cheese.

Increase Your Protein Intake

A study published in The American Journal of Clinical Nutrition found that healthy adults who increased their protein intake by 15 percent ate less because of an increase in feelings of satiety.

They also had a significant decrease in fat mass.

Aim to eat a minimum of 20 grams of high quality protein with every meal. Doing so can boost muscular growth by increasing the rate of protein synthesis.

When it boils down to it, protein is king when going through a transformation.

Keep in mind you don’t necessarily have to eat more meat to reach your protein numbers for the day.

There are other ways you can consume a high quality protein. For example, if you are a vegetarian you can get protein from beans and tempeh.

You can also get protein from a good quality protein powder.

Drink Plenty of Water

When it comes to losing fat staying hydrated is extremely important.

When you aren’t properly hydrated everything from your metabolic rate to your energy levels can be negatively affected.

So the question is, how do you know if you are properly hydrated. The easiest way is to look at your pee. If it is the color of apple juice that means you need to drink more water.

If it looks more like lemonade that’s a sign you are properly hydrated.

Avoid trying to hydrated with energy drinks. Water is and will always be your best option. If you don’t like drinking plain water you can flavor it using BCAA’s.

Always Listen To Your Body

Our last nutrition tip is to always listen to your body.

Eating healthy is not black and white. There is not a special list of approved foods you should stick to for the rest of your life.

The best nutrition plan is one that is personalized to your specific goals.

Pay close attention to how certain foods make you feel. While a particular food may be healthy, that doesn’t mean it is right for you.

If your body doesn’t respond to a certain food, stop eating it. Don’t include foods in your nutrition plan that don’t make you feel good.

You should instead replace it with something you not only enjoy, but that also makes you feel good.

Always remember you are what you eat. Your goal should be to eat healthy foods that not only help you reach your goals, but that also give you the energy you need to make it through the day.

Never force yourself to eat foods you hate.

Create a nutrition plan you actually enjoy. When you enjoy what you are eating, you will be more likely to stick with the plan.

Use a tool such as MyFitnessPal to help you track your calories for each day. Keeping track of your calories makes it easier for you to enjoy the foods you love.

Related Articles